Author: Mansi Gosalia, Editor-in-Chief
Friday marks the end of the first week of classes at Montgomery College. The week was filled with new students finding their way, making new connections, and rekindling old ones. The first week, a new semester, is always overwhelming but Student Life was able to ease tensions by offering new activities each day. Whether that was through Rita’s Italian Ice on blazing hot days or helping first year students with directions. Student Life actively worked to provide a warm welcome for all of the student body.
With a new semester beginning a certain electricity could be felt through campus, as students shuffled into their lectures a wave of inspiration and dedication seemed to radiate from both professors and their students. “A fresh start” seemed to be the most common phrase going through campus.
To ease tensions and help kick the semester off right, we at The Globe created a short list of important dates and deadlines for the fall semester of 2018.
- August 20: Official beginning of academic year; faculty return for professional days
- August 27: Fall semester classes begin
- September 3: College closed in observance of Labor Day holiday
- September 8-9: Fall semester weekend classes begin
- November 21: No classes for students; non-instructional duty day for faculty
- November 22-25: College closed for Thanksgiving holiday
- December 10-16: Final week of classes; exams
- December 16: Official end of fall semester
- December 17-21: Non-instructional duty days for faculty
- December 22-January 1: Winter break; College closed
Important dates for additional semester can be found on the Montgomery College website. Have a great semester Raptors!